Re: Grid tasks

Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr> writes:

> Le mardi 10 mars 2009 à 16:24 +0100, Manuel Prinz a écrit :
> > Am Dienstag, den 10.03.2009, 16:08 +0100 schrieb Martin Quinson:
> > > What about renaming these packages globus-client and globus-server?
> >
> > If those would be globus-specific virtual packages, aren't they best
> > maintained by the globus maintainers and not as a task in Debian
> > Science?!
>
> Maybe, I dunno.

A list of globus packages appropriate for a client and server machine
would indeed be best maintained by the globus maintainers.

> What I know is that there is several projects to setup a computational
> grid. And that since they are not compatible with each other, I think
> that it's a bad idea to setup some grid-{server,client} packages and
> imply that grid <=> globus. That sounds like a strong political message
> to me.

And not the message I intended to send when I proposed these tasks. My
intention was to collate information about Debian packages that could
be used to build/use  a grid.

If creating a task is sending the wrong political message, should I
put the information in the wiki instead?

Chris