Re: Grid tasks

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Chris Walker wrote:
>
>> Currently the packages are in the new queue. Should I wait until they
>> actually reach unstable before creating the task? Are there any other
>> obvious candidate packages?
>
> There is no need to wait until you do not plan to build a debian-science
> package.  The web pages are working (hmmm - at least if you provide the
> information for prospective packages, only adding a non existent dependency
> is not tested and parsing the new queue is not yet implemented).  The
> behaviour if you want to build metapackages is not tested yet (I should
> do so soon with Debian Med!) but my expectation is that you end up with
> metapackages suggesting not yet existing packages which at least does no
> harm.

Sorry, I missed the first email in this thread. Is this about the Globus packages I have
sponsored? There will be more coming for the ARC grid middleware (see www.nordugrid.org).
If there is anything I shall do about it then please tell me.

If this is not about computational grids but about .. say .. some geoinformatics bits,
then please rename the task :)

Best,

Steffen