Re: Yet another list statistics for debian-science

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Brett Viren wrote:
>
> > http://people.debian.org/~tille/liststats/authorstat_science.pdf
> >
> > It is interesting work.

Indeed.

> > As is, an apparent
> > "slow year" is ambiguous.  It may be due to actually more conversation
> > by more diverse contributors taking the load off the primaries.  Or,
> > due to simply less conversation across the board.

If the traffic from the top 10 contributors is representative, then
debian-science has taken off. I think this is a good thing. Hopefully
the range of contributors has also broadened.

> You are right.  I actually intended to add the percentage to the
> posters name which would transport quite the same information but
> will not force me to learn more detailed R graphing - but I try
> to regard your hint anyway.
>
> > Although, one thing is clear, 2008 was the "Year Of Andreas" in this
> > group!

What is also noticable is the remarkable increase in activity.

> Well, that's what I really care less about.  In contrary I would
> *really* love to loose this position.  My intent was to trigger other
> peoples activity to lead this project.

And you have suceeded. There has been a remarkable increase in the
number of posts in 2008 compared to 2007. Hopefully there has also
been an increase in the number of contributors too.

> Being the top poster means
> I failed in this intend.

You have done lots of work and triggered lots of useful discussion in
my view.

>  So no, I'm really not proud.  Anybody wants
> to cure this stats for 2009?

My hope is that the list remains vibrant, and continues to enjoy a
friendly and constructive level of discussion. I also hope that it
will enjoy a broader audience and facilitate an improvement in the
range, quality and documentation of science packages in Debian.

Chris