Re: offline mail writing (was Re: Debtags for science)

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008, Teemu Ikonen wrote:
> Is there really not a simple /usr/sbin/sendmail -replacement which
> would just deliver local mail and send the rest using a webmail
> account (we're talking about a single user machine here)? Of course
> it should also buffer outgoing mail until network connection becomes
> available.

nullmailer. It sends all local mail to a single user (the
administrator of that machine) and queues mail. [There are a few
others which behave similarly.]

If you have multiple networks, configure them all, in
/etc/nullmailer/remotes, and it will try them in order. [I personally
use a custom script which ssh'es into a machine, and runs sendmail
there.]

Don Armstrong

--
Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did, we'd be
running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and listening to