Re: add a "how to use debian science" section to the wiki

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio wrote:
>

>> Thanks, I hope you will find the suggestion useful.
>
> The suggestion to write good documentation is always useful even if in
> this special case the suggestion was probably based on a misconception
> about the nature of the project.  To copy an extract of this explanation
> to the wiki might be helpful anyway to make things more clear.  Would
> you volunteer to add this as a paragraph to the wiki?

Thank you for other replies.
A draft for such a section could be:

"
How do I use Debian/Science?

You can use Debian Science perfectly as you are using Debian
because it is a completely internal project and is nothing else
than Debian itself. We just felt a need to found a team that works
as a strike force for scientific software inside Debian.

There have been efforts to create a CDD (Custom Debian Distribution)
for Debian/Science, but at the moment no installer is available.
Please see the section 'http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/CDD' for
more details.

Moreover, a proposal to create a custom repository for science-related
unofficial packages has been made; see
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/UnofficialRepository for more
info.
"