Hijacking TeXMaker by Debian Science Team

Hi,

there are several open bugs in the TeXMaker package that are not RC enough
to justify a NMU but the fact that they are not even answered by the maintainer
to acknowledge that he has registered the problems makes me wonder whether
the maintainer is MIA.  So I started some action [1] and fixed 4 out of 6 bugs
while most probably the remaining bugs are upstream issues.  I would also
volunteer to care for these remaining ones - perhaps they are even fixed in
the new upstream version.  I also fixed all except one lintian issues and
added a doc-base file.  Moreover I did a general polishing of packaging.

I hope that Joseph (the maintainer) agrees to the team maintenance and
that we could go for an upload soon.  I wonder what would be the right
thing to do if we get no answer from him after about one week.

My main motivation was to get a recent TeXMaker version into Debian.
I don't use it myself but would be willing to take some care inside
a maintaining team because I have some friends who might regard this
a helpful tool to start with LaTeX.

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-science/typesetting/texmaker/trunk/