Re: {debian,pkg}-science repository [Was: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth]

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:

it means I am busy. Being a professor at a university is certainly a busy
job ;).

Quite reasonable explanation. ;-))

Moreover it is holiday here in France.

Good reason to move to France. ;-)))

note that the work you have done for debian-med (web page) on the packaging
policy is really nice. We are doing something along those lines in
pkg-scicomp. I am ready to propose these policies to pkg-scicomp.

OK, nice to hear this!!!  Good luck!
The only remaining question form my side is now: Would you prefer to stay as

  1) a fully grown separate project comparable to Debian Med, Debian GIS,
     DebiChem or do you
  2) stay under the umbrella of Debian Science

In case 1) we should make sure that we do not generate overlap and thus
duplicating work.  If you want such tasks based web pages and meta packages
I'm *keen* on helping you to establish the cdd-dev toolkit.  Feel free to
use

   svn://svn.debian.org/cdd/projects/scicomp

as a playing field (I'll add you immediately to the cdd group if you ask
me to do so).

In case 2) I would suggest to turn pkg-scicomp into a general debian-science
repository if you would like to be open for this.

So please answer: Option 1) or 2) and lets implement the consequences
from this decision.