Re: OpenFOAM

On 15/03/2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm still having problems installing OpenFOAM. I get
>
>      blockMesh: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
>                          (required by blockMesh)
>
>  which looks like the binary was compiled against a different version
>  of libstdc++6 than the one shipped by Debian. Or is the problem
>  something else?

Wow, I fixed it, but it was a weird fix. Turns out I need a symlink
from libstdc++.so.6.0.9 to libstdc++.so.6 in the lib directory for the
gcc shipped with OpenFOAM.

This was a very unpleasant installing experience. I can't even imagine
how to package this for Debian. I will research this matter further.

Btw, are there any licensing problems with ParaView? Wiki says it's
free, and since OpenFOAM seems to have a ParaView component, it would
be nice to get that packaged too.

- Jordi G. H.