Re: OpenFOAM

On 15/03/2008, Mavimo <mavimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/15, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com>:
>
> > Someone just pointed OpenFOAM to me, and it's intriguing.
>
> Hi Jordi,
>   I'm a OF lover.. and small user... if you have some simple question ask me

Well, my biggest questions are, 1) is it easy to use? 2) what can it
do? 3) why isn't it packaged for Debian?

Btw, my third question isn't supposed to be incriminating (someone
usually gets defensive when you ask that). Rather, since almost
everything of note is already in Debian, why isn't OpenFOAM there? Do
not many people use it? Is it an archaic and useless piece of
software? I had a look at its build system, and it definitely looks
like it's pre-GNU and probably a pain to package.

- Jordi G. H.