Re: gerris - Gerris Flow Solver

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 13:19 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> The operation of darcs feels, superficially at least, quite similar to
> git.  I dare say we could even get away with keeping the _darcs
> directory alongside the .git. Perhaps.  Should be mostly safe with git
> in any case.

Ooh, the audience here might appreciate this viewpoint on the matter :)

"main difference between Darcs and Git—being the difference between
science and engineering:

        Darcs represents what’s best in the science, beautiful ideas and
        loooooong waiting for the reply, approaching infinity. Git, on
        the other hand, represents engineering—down-to-earth, mundane,
        hairy duct-tape-driven architecture, responding within seconds.

        Choice between darcs and git is simple.  We study darcs, we use
        git. :-)"

http://www.3ofcoins.net/2008/12/16/darcs-vs-git-mathematician-versus-engineer/

Drew