Re: gerris - Gerris Flow Solver

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 08:17 -0500, Ruben Molina wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> > Ruben, what is the state of your packaging?  Is it ready for upload or
> > would you be more comfortable if I did some fresh packaging myself?
>
> There is a prospective package on mentors [1]. I have done some tests
> and it seems to work fine, but I still have some piuparts problems.

Looks good.  I'll take your work and continue from there.

> > I'd also like to register it under the auspices of the Debian Science
> > team, if everyone's happy with that.  (Got a few packages of my own to
>
> Completely agree. Please feel free to prepare a git/svn repo for gerris
> on debian-science and we can work together on it :)

I've used git on the Xorg project, I greatly prefer it over svn.
Upstream on the other hand uses darcs.

debian-science admin folk, should we manage gerris using darcs for the
sake of consistency with upstream? (darcs.debian.org does exist)  Or
would it be better for us to set up a git repository for ourselves
instead?

Drew