Re: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

There might be some merit in an "ImageAnalysis" task as well (or
perhaps instead).

Yes.  Just provide perhaps three package dependencies for this task
and I will create the according tasks file - or just create it yourself
according to the given template (... once svn.debian.org is working
properly again).

Yes.  We should probably put some barrier here to suggest only those
packages that are really useful for scientific research.

Completely agree. Groups other than scientists will have these
problems too - in fact surely there must be some other group in Debian
dealing with video cameras/webcams?

A Debian Multimedia Blend comes into mind ...
The DeMuDi project was a start, but they rather branched from Debian
than working inside (even if there were some efforts to join in the
past).