Request for help with GNU GSL package re-org

So I finally got tagged with the infamous [1] 'these docs are non-free and
cannot be in main' for the GNU Scientific Library (GNU GSL) that I've been
maintaining for most of the last decade.  Details are at

Now, to be honest, I don't have too much motivation to work on chopping the
upstream sources into so-called free and non-free pieces, and re-arranging
the build system to create the manual (when the outside configure script is
on the code package).  And this will have to be done with every new
release. Sigh.

So help would be welcome.  I'd also be open to group maintenance, and/or
inserting it into debian-science or debian-scicomp or whatever it is now
called as group-maintenance by svn works quite well for Open MPI [2] and I
have too many packages anyway.

Obviously, I won't let this keep GSL from getting into Lenny so if noone
helps I can always do a hack job myself. But as I said above, I am not too
motivated to work on an issue that I personally find too hair-splitting.  [3]

Dirk

[1] To me, at least
[2] Hi, Sylvestre, and thanks again for your help in setting that up!
[3] No implied criticism of debian-legal etc here. I am happy about their
    work. I just think it's silly that we as Debian argue 'freedom' with
    the FSF as both definitions are reasonable yet moving stuff outside
    Debian into non-free is a net loss to everyone.