Re: Repository?

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Frederic Lehobey wrote:

Regarding blitz, I often use blitz and I am quite knowledgeable in the
underlying techniques. Let me know if you need some help.

 So I think it is to blitz maintainer to decide whether he wants to
join pkg-scicomp of debian-science as both seems to be relevant.

Well, I (while wearing my libblitz++ maintainer hat) am not really picky
about with whom to share the work (which seems quite less because of nearly
dead upstream) but I (while wearing my Debian Science CDD hat) prefer the
idea of a general, well-structured common Debian Science repository and
thus I'd prefer this VCS.  Saying so I plan to inject libblitz over the
weekend there.

 I understand from your message pkg-scicomp is not designed to gather
more general scientific software outside the scope you gave
above. blitz in this case was both in the pkg-scicomp and
debian-science scope (the latter one being broader).

Which I prefer because I consider the work to be done not only as packaging
work.  There is no problem in adding further Uploaders - even a pkg-scicomp
mailing list might be listed as "Uploaders".