Repository?

Hi,

David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> (2008-05-06 11:23:34) :

> Speaking as the maintainer of all packages in pkg-science ( all 3 :-)
> ), I don't mind any sort of merging plan.  But I understood from
> previous mails from C. Prudhomme that he (and others?) preferred to
> keep pkg-scicomp a more focussed effort on scientific computation (in
> the computer science usage of that term).

  This is what I understood too:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/01/msg00043.html

>                                            If that is an accurate
> statement (Christophe?) then using pkg-science as the umbrella group
> seems to be consistent with the original intent.  It is not completely
> reasonable to compare the activity in pkg-scicomp and pkg-science
> since the latter is much younger.

  Christophe, is pkg-scicomp suitable for Andreas plans?
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/05/msg00022.html

  With respect to the packaging policy
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/05/msg00029.html (for
pkg-science or whatever it turns into), for the sake of simplicity, I
would suggest to adopt and adapt the Debian Med existing policy:
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

  Please, people in charge (Christophe, Sylvestre), clarify those
questions. And as I already stated in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/01/msg00035.html I would
be happy to join whichever group.

Best regards,