Re: {debian,pkg}-science repository [Was: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth]

[ Thursday 08 May 2008 ]
| So well, David, no answers from pkg-scicomp so far.
see my answer to Frederic.

| I do not really
| know what this means,
it means I am busy. Being a professor at a university is certainly a busy
job ;). Moreover it is holiday here in France.

| but I think we should not let the activity boil
| down.  Would you take over the job to restructure either pkg-science
| or start a debian-science repository?  I leave the choice of the name
| to you and also the VCS system you prefer.  Just let something happen
| and lets move on.  I will personally not work on the infrastructure
| itself for time constraints but I'm keen to check in some package of
| mine and want to enable the options for others to join a team.
see my answer to Frederic's email.
note that the work you have done for debian-med (web page) on the packaging
policy is really nice. We are doing something along those lines in
pkg-scicomp. I am ready to propose these policies to pkg-scicomp.

Best regards
C.
--
Debian Developer - http://people.debian.org/~prudhomm/
Scientific computing packages maintainer