Re: Choose between TeXmacs and Auctex

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 18:47 +0200, Rafa Rodríguez Galván wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I agree with the previous e-mails and I think that the combination of
> LaTeX + emacs is, in the long term, the best choice.
>
> >   1. Formula editing is very efficient, I can even carry out my
> >      deduction lively (and embedding CAS session, e.g. maxima).
>
> I am a regular user of scientific free software, especially Octave and
> Maxima. In addition to specific modes for these programs, Emacs allows
> you to embed them, using it's own buffer. You can also edit a Maxima or
> Octave script and send the contents of the buffer (or a region,
> current line, etc.) to the embedded  session, that will display the
> results.

Really?  Does it work with, say, cxref as well?  I love cxref's latex
documentation extraction from source code, and the ability to put
equations right there next to the lines that implement them.  But I have
longed for an environment which would do latex syntax highlighting right
in a .c file comment -- not to mention a preview!

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/