Re: Survey: utility of packaging Hipparcos star catalog?

Hi Charles,

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 02:19:00PM +0200, Riccardo Stagni a écrit :
>> Astronomy, biology and medicine have a lot of common issues, eg. images
>> and huge datasets. How they deal with it?
>
> By suggesting students to apply for Google grants :)
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/News/2008/20080317
>
> Unfortunately, there are many good application, so I am not sure that
> the biological data manager will be funded this year.

I looked at the Wiki page, and as you imply, none of the issues that
could be addressed by that project are really specific to biology.  I
hope anyone who works on or mentors that project bears in mind that it
could be kept much more general in scope.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/