Re: Science group on alioth

[ Thursday 24 January 2008 ]
| Le jeudi 24 janvier 2008 à 20:31 +0100, Christophe Prud'homme a écrit :
| > [ Thursday 24 January 2008 ]
| >
| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | After a few discussions with Raphael and Adam, I would like to propose
| > | to create a pkg-science on alioth in order to create a dynamic around
| > | scientific software packaging.
| > | Adam created a package of Opencascade. To simplify the maintenance of
| > | this package and to create of future packages like Code_Aster or
| > | Salome, we could create a "task force" on Alioth.
| >
| > there is pkg-scicomp on Alioth for scientific computing software
| > netgen and gmsh which have interface with opencascade are managed there
|
| Hello Christophe,
|
| In fact, I thought this was a dead group when I had a look to:
| http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-scicomp-commits/
| But after a quick look, I found it is not at all the case
| (pkg-scicomp-devel). Sorry for not looking deeper.
| Can we import Opencascade inside and other projects ? (if you don't mind
| the increase of traffic).
|
| I really don't mind giving up the idea of pkg-science (Raphael already
| created the project and the svn... Sorry for this).
I don't mind at all and I actually would be very happy about this
I was meaning to work on opencascade and salomé for some time,
since I am about to use them on an ANR project

The policy is not to include the sources, just the diff. Would that be ok ?
We use svn-buildpackage but that is not mandatory

cu
C.
--
Debian Developer - http://people.debian.org/~prudhomm/
Scientific computing packages maintainer