Re: Science group on alioth

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

After a few discussions with Raphael and Adam, I would like to propose
to create a pkg-science on alioth in order to create a dynamic around
scientific software packaging.
Adam created a package of Opencascade. To simplify the maintenance of
this package and to create of future packages like Code_Aster or Salome,
we could create a "task force" on Alioth.

I really like the idea and I strongly suggest to follow the Debian-Med
model regarding layout of the repository.  The additional value is that
you might profit from those scripts and documentation tools we are
developing in Debian-Med like:

    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/

I will not personally participate much in the Debian-Science effort but
I'm perfectly willing to enable you to productively use those tools and
try to promote some synergy effects.