Re: Simple graphical software for manually plotting fractals?

On 16/10/2007, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/10/2007, j.mooij@science.ru.nl <j.mooij@science.ru.nl> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 12:27:55PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> > > Basically, all they want to be able to do is to manually plot the
> > > fractal pixel-by-pixel.
> > >
> > > Suggestions?
> >
> > I found CImg (http://cimg.sourceforge.net/) to be very convenient.
>
> Ah, thanks. I think this is what I'll give them,

In the unlikely case anyone's interested:

     http://sums.math.mcgill.ca/~jordi/piccies/fractal.jpg
     http://sums.math.mcgill.ca/~jordi/piccies/trippy.jpg
     http://sums.math.mcgill.ca/~jordi/piccies/soul_of_sophia.jpg
     http://sums.math.mcgill.ca/~jordi/piccies/flower.jpg

Source code:

     http://platinum.linux.pl/~jordi/newton.zip

It was very easy to use CImg to plot the fractals. Counting the time I
spent reading the docs and the time I spent coding, it took about an
hour. If anyone here ever needs an image manipulation C++ library,
don't hesitate to try out CImg.

Thanks everyone,
- Jordi G. H.