Re: Simple graphical software for manually plotting fractals?

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 12:27:55PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> Basically, all they want to be able to do is to manually plot the
> fractal pixel-by-pixel. They're working in a blend of C and C++, so
> ideally, I want to give them a C/C++ library that they can use for
> this with minimum fuss. Extra options in the library that they can use
> for saving their fractals in png format would be nice.
>
> Suggestions?

I found CImg (http://cimg.sourceforge.net/) to be very convenient. You
can easily plot to an X window just by writing RGB values to a large
array and save/load the result to a variety of image formats.

The debian package is cimg-dev.

Regards,
Joris Mooij