Re: soft for XRR

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Chris Walker wrote:

I can recommend reading "Elements of Modern X-ray Physics" by Jens
Als-Nielsen and Des McMorrow. http://ntserv.fys.ku.dk/XBook/. IIRC the
book includes matlab code for reflection from multilayers (which you
can download from their website). I didn't find it too difficult to
convert some of the other code in the book to work with matplotlib
(python), but havn't converted this example.

An excellent text. I just used it for a graduate course last term. Unfortunately it is out of print and you might have to look for it on amazon.com or something equivalent. In fact, I converted some of the reflectivity codes to python for my class and would be happy to share them. The problem is that these are not really fitting programs, just simulations.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics