Re: soft for XRR

Carlo Segre <segre@iit.edu> writes:

> hi yury:
>
> take a look at
>
> http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/programs/reflect/data_reduction/software/index.html
>
> http://motofit.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>
> http://usaxs.xor.aps.anl.gov/staff/ilavsky/irena.html
>
> http://www.rxollc.com/idl/
>
> i have not checked which ones might be applicable and a number of
> these use either IDL or Igor Pro.

I can recommend reading "Elements of Modern X-ray Physics" by Jens
Als-Nielsen and Des McMorrow. http://ntserv.fys.ku.dk/XBook/. IIRC the
book includes matlab code for reflection from multilayers (which you
can download from their website). I didn't find it too difficult to
convert some of the other code in the book to work with matplotlib
(python), but havn't converted this example.

Googling for "Parrat reflectivity" also throws up some hints.

I used
http://www.esrf.eu/computing/scientific/joint_projects/ANA-ROD/index.html,
for epitaxial films a few monolayers thick. Unless you have done
synchrotron surface diffraction experiments it is unlikely to be the
right tool - it isn't very novice friendly.

Good luck.

Chris