Re: package sponsorship request

Sorry I think I got the terms confused: "adoption" and "sponsoring".
What I meant, precisely, is that I am no longer willing to waste time
making useless changes to the package to satisfy other people's
arbitrary packaging requests when these same changes run counter to
real technical advantages of the changes I have implemented.  So, I am
happy to keep maintaining this excellent and highly useful package if
I can find a way to do so efficiently and effectively... but the
problem is that upstream does not believe in clean packaging and does
not really accept patches for years now, and my first Debian friend
Paul van Tilburg made me rebuild this package at least three times
before the first upload in entirely different ways.  Now Michael is
asking for more changes but they more or less ignore the direction the
package has been moving for years (that is: towards becoming a branch
of libsvm or a new project).  So, I am happy to keep participating if
my time can be less wasted but I don't want to keep rebuilding more
versions of the package for purely aesthetic issues like: where the
authorship is listed, or what exactly the
wording should be in the changelog to summarize the changes.  I affirm
that everything I wrote (and debsigned) is honest and accurate to the
best of my knowledge, but it is not so simple necessarily.  Cheers,

-r.