Re: ROOT 5.16 in unstable?

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Christian Holm Christensen wrote:

The second problem is, that the ROOT packages fail to build on hppa,
mips, and mipsel, at least.   I've tried to add the appropriate lines to
the configure script, but I have no idea if it will work, as I do not
have access to machines of that architecture.

For the first upload it is not required that a package compiles for
every architecture.  It simply should not break in later versions if
it once was running on a certain architecture.  The best way to find
out whether a package runs on all architectures is to upload to
unstable (hence the name _unstable_) and find out how autobuilders
work.  Chances are high that you will get patches form the architecture
porting team.  So my advise would be to just go for an upload.