Re: ROOT 5.16 in unstable?

Hi Tim,

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 17:13 -0700, Tim Gershon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering about the progress to get ROOT 5.16 into unstable?

Not good at the moment.   The biggest problem is, that I have very
little time to devote to that work.

The second problem is, that the ROOT packages fail to build on hppa,
mips, and mipsel, at least.   I've tried to add the appropriate lines to
the configure script, but I have no idea if it will work, as I do not
have access to machines of that architecture.

If anyone has machines like that, hppa, mips, and mipsel, and could try
to compile the packages from sources available at

        deb-src http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root unstable main contrib

it would be a big help.   If no-one on this list has access to machines
like that, perhaps some one can suggest how to go about testing it.

Thanks.

In the mean time, you can use the mirror at

        deb http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root unstable main contrib

for i386 and amd64 packages.

Yours,

--
 ___  |  Christian Holm Christensen
    | |  Address: Sankt Hansgade 23, 1. th.  Phone:  (+45) 35 35 96 91
     _|           DK-2200 Copenhagen N       Cell:   (+45) 24 61 85 91
    _|            Denmark                    Office: (+45) 353  25 404
 ____|   Email:   cholm@nbi.dk               Web:    www.nbi.dk/~cholm
 | |