Re: libNeXus mostly packaged

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Rudi Cilibrasi, Ph.D. wrote:

Here's the quote from the DPM:
--
5.6.3 Uploaders

List of the names and email addresses of co-maintainers of the package, if
any. If the package has other maintainers beside the one named in the
Maintainer
field<http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Maintainer>,
their names and email addresses should be listed here. The format is the
same as that of the Maintainer tag, and multiple entries should be comma
separated. Currently, this field is restricted to a single line of data.
This is an optional field.
--

So, Paul van Tilburg gave me advice when I made the very first versions of
this package, and he reviewed it extensively and found many packaging

In principle it is and considering what you wrote above Paul
definitely should gain some appreciation (in changelog, README.Debian,
copyright or wherever you feel apropriate).

Or have I misunderstood the paragraph
above somehow or the idea of package maintanence?  I thought it involved the
finding and fixing of packaging problems and by that criteria certainly Paul
has contributed in the past enough to be worth mentioning I should think.
If not then I think we need to clarify the language in the DPM to express
why not because I still cannot see it and I suspect others will be confused
by this as well.

In one of your previous mails you wrote that Paul does not have
time / interest to work on this package any more.  The Uploaders
field should IMHO reflect the current status of people who work
on this.  It is a technical field that does not just list people
that just deserve acknowledge.  For this purpose we have free
text formated files.

So if Paul will continue to work on the package keep him as
Uploader if not just leave the field out.