Re: libNeXus mostly packaged

On 5/22/07, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007, Rudi Cilibrasi, Ph.D. wrote:

> Therefore, I suggest that one of the two nexus
> file format libraries undergo a renaming.  I would also
> like to offer up my packages for adoption by somebody
> who would actually know how to test them better than
> I would.  I have my packages available at [1] and I have
> already filed an ITP.

Uploaders: Paul van Tilburg < paulvt@debian.org>  .  Is this
correct?

No, this was just my hope when I first made the package some
time ago.  But, Paul has no interest or use for the package.
Since then, Paul has gotten overworked and also
had to finish his thesis; I misunderstood the purpose of the
library when I wrote that first description and think it would be
better if a real user of the library wrote a description.  Probably
somebody involved in the nuclear field I guess.  I can
help with this stuff if the next maintainer wants me to.

Moreover neither the description in debian/control nor
the ITP #411053 do really reflect the double naming trouble
and I think you should be more verbose to make clear
what the package actually contains.

I am happy to do this if I am really the best person to, but I
have never worked with a X-Ray data file yet successfully.
I think Teemu might know better how to describe it.

Kind regards and thanks for packaging scientific relevant software

My pleasure!  I will be releasing some more science packages once
these first ones get in I expect soon.  Cheers,

R.