Re: Meshlab and Qutemol

On 08/05/07, Paolo Cignoni <cignoni@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, i am the lead developer of MeshLab  and an helper in the
develepment of QuteMol (Marco Tarini is the main developer of QuteMol)
and we are pleased to hear your interest in including our packages in
some distributions.

I just read in the project's webpage that

    Remember that, whenever you use MeshLab in a official/commercial
    project or in any kind of research, you should:

	* Explicitly cite in your work that you have used MeshLab, a tool
	  developed with the support of the Epoch NOE,
	* Post a couple of lines in the users' forum describing the
	  project where MeshLab was used.

This may be a DFSG issue (fails the desert island test?). "Official"
is probably also legally ambiguous. These are likely obstacles for
bundling Meshlab with Debian. It may even be a GPL-incompatible
restriction.

- Jordi G. H.