Re: PV-Wave v8.51 on Etch

    > Hi, is there anybody out there, who is also running PV-Wave
    > v8.51 on Etch? Our PV-Wave based application has been
    > running successfully until Etch' mid-march
    > version. However, PV-Wave now segfaults when calling the
    > `tv' procedure to display an image.

There have been similar reports on comp.lang.idl-pvwave and on
ittvis.com's web forums.  The problem seems to be due to the
upgrade of libX11 and is not limited to ITTVIS products.  (As I
understand it, the changes in libX11 are sanity tests on
arguments.)  ITTVIS is looking for a solution.  Until then, I've
down-graded to libx11-6 version 2:1.0.3-6.

Mike

--
Michael A. Miller                               mmiller3@iupui.edu
  Imaging Sciences, Department of Radiology, IU School of Medicine