Re: Installing the whole set of scientific packages

Le Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 09:51:21PM -0500, Michael Gilbert a écrit :

> - debian-science-genomics
> - debian-science-medical-imaging

Dear Michael,

debian-science-medical-imaging can safely be an alias for med-imaging,
provided by debian-med.

For debian-science-genomics, I fully support the idea that it would be
nice to have such a package in the future. However, I am afraid that it
would be a bit empty for the moment.

But if people are interested to contribute packages, I have been
maintainging a list of packages of interest on the Debian wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGenomics

The Celera assembler could be a nice start:

I am currently giving my time to another facet of bioinformatics,
multiple sequence alignments. But people interested in genomics are most
welcome to join the debian-med packaging team to share experience.

PS for Elijah: I was indeed thinking about things to handle
bibliography. Not only replacements for Endnote (very popular among
biologists, and very unstable too), but also indexing tools such as
quaneko (for which there were unofficial Debian packages in the past)

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceBibliography

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy