Re: Installing the whole set of scientific packages

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Andreas Tille wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, [utf-8] Damián Viano wrote:

	It would also be nice since is quite a specific task and one would be
prompted during d-i which would pretty much make Debian science-ready
out of the box.

Are you sure that the tasksel maintainer is happy to add and change
the several scientific packages all the time?  This would be a moving
target and letting tasksel install meta packages makes it quite stable
from the tasksel maintainer point of view (und thus more acceptable).

I like this approach because it allows the meta-packages to have finer granularity than "science". I can imagine the physicist who might not be interested in bioperl, for example...

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology