Re: Couple of naive questions

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 08:21:59PM +0100, Nil wrote:

> > I can remember in times where editors are happy to get a (La)TeX file.
> > The one or other had even (helped) preparing a macro package.
>
> This is still the norm in maths. Articles are written and submitted in
> TeX, and no one would think about anything else. Same for the thesis,
> reports, etc.
>
> But in biology, for example, doc still seems to be usual; this means
> that the articles have to be heavily refactored by the editor, which can
> explain the higher price for bio-related publications.

Last year I was looking for examples of TeX use and found that the
Institude for Advanced Study in Princeton, NJ uses a TeX document for
its application form for a fellowship. One can print the from and fill
it in, or fill it in and then print it. Either way it is assumed that
all interesting applicants know TeX.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net