Couple of naive questions

Couple of naive questions:

--Trying to upload to the editor's web site a
manuscript in *.odt format, the answer is "unknown
type of file".

--Then, trying to upload a *.png file, the answer is
again "unknown type of file".

Checking the guidelines for authors, the site is right
and I was wrong: text should be in doc format and
graphics in flat jpeg, no impressive export of povray
recognized.

My first (naive) question is: am I too much ahead  (in
publishing tools) or are the editors in organic
chemistry so much behind (in publishing tools)?

At any event, my second (naive) question is: what
about editors in other areas?

Cheers
francesco pietra