Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 12:03:42AM +0200, Thomas Walter wrote:
> As a conclusion, separating science applications into
> main/contrib/non-free does not make much sense in these cases.  As
> scientist I can put the most into main.

It's still non-free and not main.  Main is for Free Software, and "Free
for academic use" is not Free in the Free Software's Community point of
view.

Do not overload the components please, if you must, invent new
components like 'acedemic-free' (there was talk about introducing e.g.
'fsf-free' for GFDL'd documentation)

Michael

--
Michael Banck