Re: eclipse.. and C++ IDE [was Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?]

Eclipse is found in regular Debian unstable apt repositories at:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/eclipse

There is another Debian package that aids C and C++ development, but I have no experiance with it:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/eclipse-cdt

I am not a C++ developer so I won't give you my opinion on which IDE to use, but Debian is stocked full of tools to help you.  You just might have to check the unstable branch every now and then.

Good luck,
David

On 08/04/06, Marc Baaden <baaden@smplinux.de> wrote:

>>> "david schryer" said:
>> > so you got python + eclipse + pyx as shipped with Debian and only what
>> > you had to install is pydev, is that correct? [..]

Hi,
talking about eclipse, two questions.
a) you say it is in Debian.. I couldn't find it. Is there a specific
   apt repository? (I installed it from eclipse.org)
b) is there a native gjc-compiled version for Debian, or is it easy to
   compile with gjc?

Thanks in advance.

Also suggestions for good C++ IDEs on Debian/Linux are welcome (I currently
focus on eclipse or KDevelop; I don't like anjuta; but I am ideally looking
for a tool with Refactoring support, UML reverse engineering of C++ code and
all those useful things etc.)

Marc Baaden

--
Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -       http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr