Re: Usertags and debtags

> There are also a tag browsers (which I haven't used until just now):
>   debtags search field::astronomy
>   packagesearch - GUI for searching packages and viewing package information
>   adept - package manager for KDE
>   tagcoll - Commandline tool to perform operations on tagged collections

... and of course

        aptitude - terminal-based apt frontend

To use the tags-browser, remember to install `debtags'.  In aptitude,
press F10 to get the menu bar, scroll to `View' (using arrow keys,
mouse, or what ever), and select the entry `New Debtags Browser'.  Now
scroll down, press Enter on `field', and press Enter on `astronomy'.
That should give you a rather long list (I haven't counted them).
Pressing `+' on the `astronomy' line should mark all packages for
installation.  Of course, you can not make boolean queries like

	tag LIKE field::astronomy AND NOT tag LIKE game::*

which I guess some of the more dedicated tools can do.

Yours,

--
 ___  |  Christian Holm Christensen
    | |  Address: Sankt Hansgade 23, 1. th.  Phone:  (+45) 35 35 96 91
     _|           DK-2200 Copenhagen N       Cell:   (+45) 24 61 85 91
    _|            Denmark                    Office: (+45) 353  25 404
 ____|   Email:   cholm@nbi.dk               Web:    www.nbi.dk/~cholm
 | |