Re: Usertags and debtags

Hello Justin,

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 16:33, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 03:47:30PM +0100, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tagged some ITP/RFP to see what can be done with usertags.
> >
> > More information about what I have done and what you can do too (at
> > the bottom of the page):
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceSponsoring
> >
> > One thing we could use would be standard debtags for the usertags of
> > the RFP/ITP (hopefully clarifying their handling) that finally could
> > turn into the actual debtags of the package.  To learn more about
> > debtags, see: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceClassification
> >
> > I have not been able to find much about science classification using
> > http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
> >
> > Does it mean that almost everything has to be done on the science side
> > of things or that I do not know yet how to use properly this
> > interface?  Any example?
> Are you looking for more fine-grained tagging than debtags presently
> has?  saods9 is:
>
>  Tag: field::astronomy, interface::commandline, interface::x11, langdevel::tcl, made-of::lang:tcl, role::content:doc, role::sw:application, uitoolkit::tk, use::converting, use::downloading, use::editing, use::learning, use::viewing, web::browser, works-with::image:raster, x11::application
>
> Which makes me pretty happy, just because it can get tagged as
> "astronomy" (though in fact there are 33 packages with that tag, plus
> at least one that hasn't show up yet!)

The example you give is something I looked for since years:  the
possibility to search the debian stuff for categories to find for
example all astronomy related stuff (application and libs).

Could you give a pointer to a description how to use the tag values in
searches?
By using
	http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?start=astronomy
I got 3 hits only.  Maybe wrong engine?