Re: Usertags and debtags

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 03:47:30PM +0100, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tagged some ITP/RFP to see what can be done with usertags.
>
> More information about what I have done and what you can do too (at
> the bottom of the page):
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceSponsoring
>
> One thing we could use would be standard debtags for the usertags of
> the RFP/ITP (hopefully clarifying their handling) that finally could
> turn into the actual debtags of the package.  To learn more about
> debtags, see: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceClassification
>
> I have not been able to find much about science classification using
> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
>
> Does it mean that almost everything has to be done on the science side
> of things or that I do not know yet how to use properly this
> interface?  Any example?
Are you looking for more fine-grained tagging than debtags presently
has?  saods9 is:

 Tag: field::astronomy, interface::commandline, interface::x11, langdevel::tcl, made-of::lang:tcl, role::content:doc, role::sw:application, uitoolkit::tk, use::converting, use::downloading, use::editing, use::learning, use::viewing, web::browser, works-with::image:raster, x11::application

Which makes me pretty happy, just because it can get tagged as
"astronomy" (though in fact there are 33 packages with that tag, plus
at least one that hasn't show up yet!)

Justin