Re: New source and binary Debian packages for ROOT.

> > This way, there is
> > the greatest chance of getting the broadest user base.
>
> Heh, that is making a huge assumption.  All software devel platforms
> around here are etch, if not sid.  But, anyways, since both are
> provided, it's moot.

I don't think we are talking about development platforms.  The
bugfixes we're going through are debian-install-specific fixes to the
latest 'production' release of ROOT, out in mid-December.   I've been
promising newbies I'd help them install it and tutor them on how to
use it.  It shouldn't be a problem to have them install from source
and set their environmental variables, but I was hoping for a slick
install and then quickly moving to ROOT learning curve.  The better
taste they have in their mouth, the easier the ROOT-izing will go.

I am sure now that I pulled down the unstable version (-3), as that is
what Christian announced.  But I do think the audience is stable - it
is production, and -2 was in stable.  I thought the drop into unstable
was just to signify that we were churning through and testing the
install fixes.

Again, though, this is off-my-original-post-topic of why put libraries
in hidden places?