Re: New source and binary Debian packages for ROOT.

Hi Chris,

Chris Roat wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks again for creating these packags.  I'm still a little confused
> as to the right way to link if to libMinuit from root-plugin-minuit.

I'll let Christian handle that...

> It also looks like the libstdc++ isn't quite right I have both
> libstdc++5 and libstdc++6 installed.  Any thoughts why g++ is
> confused?

but here it seems like you have a mismatching version of g++.
Seems like your installed ROOT packages were built with g++ 3.4
or 4.0 while you are trying to compile and link with g++ 3.3.
What version of Debian are you using?  Are you using the ROOT
packages from "stable" or "unstable"?  What do you get if you
run the command "apt-cache policy g++"?  How about
"ls -l `which g++`"?

regards,