Re: New source and binary Debian packages for ROOT.

Chris Roat wrote:

> Thanks for the tips.  Using g++-3.4 solved the problems with the c++
> library, thanks.  I don't know why it was moved to 3.4 - is there
> anything in ROOT that needs it?

Well, if you are using Sid or Etch, g++-4.0 (which is compatible with
3.4) is the default C++ compiler.  If you are using Sarge, then I don't
know why the ROOT packages for it were compiled with g++ 3.4 --
you would have to ask someone else.  Christian or Ricardo?