Re: New Debian ROOT (5.09/01) packages for i386 unstable

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 09:56:22AM -0500, Kevin B. McCarty wrote :
> On 1/11/06, Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
>
> > I think that there are still some dependancise where the virtual package is listed incorrectly. I could pick up a libmysqlclient-dev at random, or take the hignest version number, but for libqt3-dev, the choice is much more puzzling...
>
> If you want to retry in the meantime:
>
> I determined that libqt3-dev should be replaced by libqt3-mt-dev

Hi,

What I did was to apt-get install all the packets suggested by the
failing apt-get built-dep, until the only remaining error message
becomes:

charles@sorbet:/usr/share/doc/apt-file$ LC_ALL=C sudo apt-get build-dep root Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Package libqt3-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  qt3-qtconfig qt3-linguist qt3-dev-tools-embedded qt3-dev-tools-compat
  qt3-dev-tools qt3-designer qt3-assistant qt3-apps-dev libqt3-mt-dev
  libqt3-headers libqt3-compat-headers
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 259 not upgraded.
E: Package libqt3-dev has no installation candidate

I installed all the "following packages [which] replace [libqt3-mt]".

However, the latest root source package seems to be missing from the
archives...

charles@sorbet:/usr/share/doc/apt-file$ LC_ALL=C  apt-get source --build root
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Need to get 16.6MB of source archives.
Err http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov unstable/root root 5.09.01-2 (dsc)
  Could not open file root_5.09.01-2.dsc - open (13 Permission denied)
Err http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov unstable/root root 5.09.01-2 (tar)
  Could not open file root_5.09.01.orig.tar.gz - open (13 Permission denied)
Err http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov unstable/root root 5.09.01-2 (diff)
  Could not open file root_5.09.01-2.diff.gz - open (13 Permission denied)
Failed to fetch http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root/pool/root/sid/r/root/root_5.09.01-2.dsc  Could not open file root_5.09.01-2.dsc - open (13 Permission denied)
Failed to fetch http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root/pool/root/sid/r/root/root_5.09.01.orig.tar.gz  Could not open file root_5.09.01.orig.tar.gz - open (13 Permission denied)
Failed to fetch http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root/pool/root/sid/r/root/root_5.09.01-2.diff.gz  Could not open file root_5.09.01-2.diff.gz - open (13 Permission denied)
E: Failed to fetch some archives.

By the way, does anybody knows why libqt3-dev exists on the BTS but does not seem to be available on my system ?

charles@sorbet:/usr/share/doc/apt-file$ apt-cache show libqt3-dev
charles@sorbet:/usr/share/doc/apt-file$

Is it that it is not built anymore for sid ? Then it could be safely removed from the depends line in the sid package of ROOT, isn't it ?

--
Charles