Re: ubuntu-science

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Daniel Leidert wrote:

But then why also splitting the mailing lists? We split more and more
things only because there is Debian and there is Ubuntu and so we split
the whole possible resources.

I guess there is some universal rule that the less people are working
on one topic in Free Software the more different things they do reinvent
and tend to ignore what others just have done.  I have no idea at all
why Ubuntu users need a separate "universe" if there are ready to
run Debian packages.  If there are no Debian packages I wonder why
they do not try to get the software they need into Debian.  But this
is not the only thing in the world I do not understand and I just have
to accept this kind of things.