Re: ubuntu-science

Am Freitag, den 06.01.2006, 23:22 -0800 schrieb Jordan Mantha:

[..]
>    Ok, so the reason I sent this rather long email is that I think it
> would be a benefit to both the Debian and Ubuntu communities if we keep
> each other informed at least and work together where possible.

But then why also splitting the mailing lists? We split more and more
things only because there is Debian and there is Ubuntu and so we split
the whole possible resources.

> I am
> encouraging the MOTUScience team members to at least email this list
> when a new science package has been added to Ubuntu so that we don't get
> a lot of duplication of work.

You see the duplicate of work? Debian user or maintainers of science
package have to remember to send mails to the Ubuntu lists and the
Ubuntu guys have to do the same and send mails to the Debian lists.

Isn't there a possibility to stay on one list and tag threads if
necessary, rather than splitting the lists and the manpower?

The reason why I say this is, that I got several mails asking for Ubuntu
packages of my science and non-science Debian packages. Now splitting
all the places, where the work is done or where the discussions take
place doesn't make my life easier.

of course, just my 2 cents
Regards, Daniel