Re: 'GNU Data Language', a GPL'ed IDL variant

Carlo,

On 4 January 2006 at 00:40, Carlo Segre wrote:
| I had not heard of this but have been looking for an IDL replacement.  If
| it has a python interface, even better.  I might be interested in
| packaging it but am not a DD yet.  I could probably get a sponsor though.

Juan Antonio A?el Cabanelas <aetherlux@gulo.org> emailed me and told me about
a) and existing ITP (http://bugs.debian.org/304159) for this and b) mentioned
that

  It exist some problems with libraries, GDL is a complex package, but a
  friend of mine and my sponsor, DD, has packaged a GDL version with
  without support for HDF files and it is not tested.

  I am not a Debian developer but if somebody is interested collaborating
  to packagage this free IDL clone, don't hesitate contacting me.

so it maybe best if the two of you talked together?

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison