Re: Geant4 8.2 packages ready

Carlo Segre wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
>
>> Thanks!  I imagine there are powerpc Geant4 users who will really
>> appreciate it.
>>
>> I grabbed your clhep and geant4 .debs and put them in my repository.
>> However, I wasn't able to find the two .debs for libg4opengl-4.8-4 and
>> libg4opengl-dev on that web page.  (Possibly you missed them because
>> they aren't named like *geant4*.deb ...)  So I haven't made the powerpc
>> .debs public yet because the geant4 metapackage won't be installable.
>>
> Oops, I didn't notice them as I had some other debs sitting in my
> pbuildcer/result directory.  They are up now.  I kenpt all of the deb, I
> just won't post them.

OK, I've grabbed those too, so the powerpc CLHEP2 2.0.3.1 and Geant4 8.2
debs are now "officially" available from my repository.  Feel free to
remove all of them from your public site.  I'll update the Geant4 wiki
page in a minute.

>> If you would like to try building on Sarge, I have a slightly different
>> set of sources (that don't require a too-new version of dpkg-dev) here:
>> http://borex.princeton.edu/~kmccarty/dists/sarge/geant4-8.2/source/
>
> I will try this, it's a slow day!  In fact, I decided to be really
> warped and see how long it takes to compile CLHEP2 and GEANT4 on my
> spark and mips machines.  They were just sitting there wasting cycles.

Heh.  Let me know whether the builds work (in a few days/weeks :-)

best regards,