Re: Mathematica and Windows

Your drunk rant on Debian is interesting, but I think you are missing
some important points.

    Yigal> I mean Debian is not pretty to look at but it can do far
    Yigal> more than a windows machine.

Debian can have much nicer eye candy than you suggest here.  It comes
plain out of the box, but most people customize it quite nicely.
Sometimes they post screenshots of GNOME or KDE eye candy and it's
impressive.

    Yigal> It may not play that game your friend plays [...]

My 11 year old son plays games on his debian box which cause envy in
his friends.  Look in to it, there's a lot happening.

And, of course, debian comes with all the real productivity tools
already there, and the full UNIX hacking tradition too.