Re: Re: Mathematica and Windows

My point and my philosophy in terms of what I want the computer for is simply that a computer must be something that will enhance my capability for creativity, and productivity.  The GNU/Linux Debian is a wonderful and powerful experience if one keeps this in mind.  I don't care about playing video games - to me in general they are a waste of my time.  So Debian, with its solid base, helps me better than XP, or Vista could in what my interests are.  I am sorry if I did not make it clear.  I realize others will want the eyecandy - and its here, or the games and it is here also.  But Debian is so much more than a pretty GUI.  That is Debian without its bells and wistles without APTing gigabytes of new programs and spending many hours setting up the games and the eyecandy is far more to my liking, personabl preferences here, than OSX, XP, or VISTA.

So
1.  Debian and other GNU/Linux OSs can BLOW WINDOWS apart in terms of eyecandy.
2.  There are many awsome games available for these OSs
3.  I don't care because I don't care for looking at images that distract from, what I see as, the content and I don't really enjoy playing video games.
4.  Without effort Debian is an OS that rocks, for me, because it is streamlined and has all the tools I need at my fingertips pre-installed or apt(iable).

But this is a science forum - and I only posted this as a reply to a post I sent more than 1/2 a year ago